Fire Service & Civil Defence Directorate, 38-46 Kazi Alauddin Road, Dhaka-1000.
Bangladesh is one of the most disaster prone countries in the world. Bangladesh is also at risk from earthquake, along with a new dimension in urban risk due to its fast growing and increasing density. All disasters are associated with fire incident excluding flash flood. So more training is needed and awareness programme for the peoples to be enhanced. The present Government is committed to reduce disasters by enhancing overall disaster management capacity. Government of Bangladesh has expressed its commitment to invest more in the field of DISASTER RISK REDUCTION. Government of Bangladesh is implementing several programmes to enhance the disaster management system, response and recovery including fire fighting system to a risk reduction culture and for that “Standing Orders On Disaster” has been developed. According to Bangladesh National Building Code (B.N.B.C), all high rise buildings, industries, factories, and business centres have to appoint fire safety manager. Based on the present demand and circumstances, a Fire Safety Manager Course is a time demanding course. We believe that this course will play a vital role to improve fire safety preparedness in Bangladesh. It is very much related subject with our activities. We know that such courses are being conducted by Fire Department in many countries around the world. Fire Service and Civil Defence Directorate is the only mandated authority of the Government to carry out FIRE FIGHT and SEARCH & RESCUE operation in any disaster and also for fire and other disaster prevention activities.
2. Program Description :
The Program covers the fundamentals of fire science and public safety, including laboratory classes, Practical sessions, fire safety engineering, relevant structural engineering topics and field visit.
3. Admission Policy:
The entry requirement for the Fire Safety Manager Course is a Bachelor degree or any other equivalent level of education recognized by the competent authority and also fulfilling any other conditions fixed by the admission authority.
- Program Structure:
The entire course is divided into different modules. Syllabus of the modules is enclosed. The participants shall have to complete 30 credits for Fire Safety Manager Course.
- EVALUTION OF RESOURCE PERSONS BY THE PARTICIPANTS:
In each session of each working day, the participants are to evaluate the resource persons separately in the prescribed “Course Evaluation Forms” on the basic of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of the subject;
- Ability to present ideas clearly;
- Ability to actively involve participants;
- Ability to handle questions from the participants;
- Ability to manage time.
The rating against the above items should individually correspond to 1 to 10 numbers which is likely to score 50 at the highest or 5 at the lowest for the individual trainer/speaker. The research section of the institution collects the forms duly filled in by the participants and consolidates them to draw final results. The Academy subsequently apprises all the teachers formally about their level of performance evaluated by the participants.
- COURSE ASSESSMENT
In assessing the performance of the participants the following methods will be followed:
- Written test;
- Group discussion;
- Reports on field/project study;
- Questions of MCQ, Objective or broad type
- Written assignments/Term paper.
- LETTER GRADING AND GRADE POINT SYSTEM
The performance of the participants will be evaluated on the basis of letter grading and its equivalent grade point system approved by FSCD Training Directorate.
- The grading system will be as follows:
|Marks Range||Letter Grade||Grade Point|
- CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS :
Besides completions of the required certificate for Fire Safety Manager Course, a student must get at least a GPA 2.00.
- ACADEMIC CALENDAR :
FSCD Course Management Committee may distribute the courses in two equal semesters per year-1st term and 2nd term. Length of every semester is of six months. Examination period is included within this period. FSCD Course Management Committee will follow a two terms per year system.
1st Term – Between January to June
2nd Term – Between July to December
The particular dates of the terms may vary from year to year due to the calendar changes or special circumstances, but the minimum duration of each term will always be maintained. Each term will usually last three and a half months or 24 weeks (22 weeks for classes and 2 two weeks for exams and result) and each term-long course shall typically consist of at least three hours of classroom instruction per week and often, but not always, an hour or two of laboratory or practical sessions. A student must get at least a GPA 2.00.
Age of Participants : Not over Fifty years.
Registration fees and other fees :
- Form : 100/-
- Admission Fees : 3000/- (for FSCD professional)
- Admission Fee : 9000/- (for Non FSCD)
- Tuition fees : Per credit 2000/-for Non FSCD
- Tuition fees : per credit: 500/- for FSCD Professional.
- Co-Curriculum fee : 5000/-
- All fees must be paid in advance/ installment can be accepted by the permission of authority.
- All payment shall be made as bank draft / pay order to Director (Training, Planning,& Development) Fire Service and Civil Defence Directorate, Dhaka from any prescribed bank of Bangladesh.
Selection Criteria of FSCD :
- Number of Participant per batch : 55 (05 Firemen/leader/Sub officer+05 Fire Officers /Station/Staff Officer to Deputy Director) =10 from FSCD + 45 from non FSCD)
- i) Minimum qualification: Graduation/equivalent Degree.
- ii) 05 years job experiences as FSCD professional.
- iii) Valid permission from FSCD Directorate.
Selection for Non FSCD Professionals:
- i) Minimum qualification: Graduation / Equivalent Degree.
Admission Requirements :
Application Procedure :
Interested candidates may collect ‘Application Form’ from Fire Service and Civil Defence Training Complex, Mirpur-10, Dhaka-1216 or can download the admission form from www.fireservice.gov.bd or www.fireservicetraining.gov.bd.
After filling up, please submit the Application Form to the admission offices along with :
1. Photocopies of all academic Certificates and all photocopies of academic certificates should be attested by a 1st class gazetted officer.
2. 3 (three) copies of recent colored photographs (3 stamp-size + 3 P.P -size).
- Form fee 200/- (Two hundred taka only) as described in advertisement.
All submitted applications will be verified by the admission committee whether these are eligible for the program or not.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE ADMITTED STUDENTS :
Student must follow the regulations such as :
- Fire Service and Civil Defence (FSCD) Directorate reserves the right to reject a application if she/he does not fulfill the requirements of FSCD or his/her behavior is disruptive;
- Enrolment in a course or a program creates a binding agreement to follow academic regulations and payment of fees and charges;
- Tuition fees must be paid in advance or by installment if it is agreed;
- Tuition fees are not refundable after the commencement of a course;
- If a course is not conducted by FSCD, there will be a full refund of tuition fees;
- All payments must be made as bank pay order to Director (Training, Planning, & Development) Fire Service and Civil Defence, Kazi Allauddin Road, Dhaka from any prescribed bank of Bangladesh.
- FSCD Directorate may suspend a student without notice if tuition fees are in arrears;
- FSCD Directorate reserves the right to change the fees & charges anytime with notice;
- All international students must comply with all their visa status regulations as specified by the Home Office;
- FSCD Directorate reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time, even within a student’s term of enrolment. FSCD Directorate further reserves the right to ask the student to withdraw, for any due cause, at any time;
List of Resource person :
- Brigadier General Ali Ahmed Khan, Psc Director General, FSCD Directorate.
- Mr Ataul Haque, Joint Secretary (Project Director), FSCD
- Col Siddique Mohammad Zulfiker Rahman, bsp, psc Engineers, Director (trg, plg & Dev).
- Major AKM Shakil Newaz, Project Director, FSCD Directorate.
- Mr Babul Chakraborty DAD Mymensing,(Attached Training Cell FSCD directorate).
- Mr Md Abdul Momen DAD, Jamalpur (Attached Training Cell.
- Mr Mohammad Mamun Assistant Instructor, FSCD Dhaka. ( Senior Staff Officer to DG).
Other MIW Instructors/Masters in Fire science From FSCD Directorate, & Out sourcing from Universities, BUET, and Other Institute in Bangladesh/ Competent instructors/resource persons selected by the concern authority.
For more information: 1. Course Co-Ordinator Mobile no: 01715386271.
- www.fireservice.gov.bd/ www.fireservicetraining.gov.bd
Fire Service and Civil Defence Training Complex Mirpur, Dhaka & Fire Service and Civil Defence Agrabad, Chattogram will be the campus of this course. As per training Schedule, participants of this course can be used all existing facilities of training campus.